Nap time isn’t just for toddlers..

Howdy! Ready to hear about my trip so far?! Well I hope so cause I’m ready to spill the beans.. All the preparations started yesterday; which also was my 19th birthday, the designated day for me to hand out ribbons at the Oregon State Fair as the 2015 Oregon Jersey Queen (no, not New Jersey, Jersey like the brown dairy cow.. MOO!) and it also happened to be the day I had to arrange my living sitch for the school year to come.. yes I know, a little late in the game to figure it out; glad to say it’s over! After a long, hard, and tiring day with about 300 miles under my belt, finally I could fall asleep at about 1230, and be up in about 5 hours; I tell you what, that slumber was a quick one!

Still sleepy eyed, and feelin a lil groggy I jump out of bed and scramble for the lights, the excitement of packing up and hitting the road was pushing me to shake the tiredness and get on with the trip! After collecting the last of my things, packing up my last minute must haves, and body slamming my suitcase shut, I WAS READY! A huge thank you to my momma and sissy for taking me to the airport; such a brutal thing to do on a holiday!

As you may have seen in my last blog, I made it through security and to my gate very quickly and with no problems, so I bought a bottle of water to quench my blogging thirst, wow, you guys are lucky I like to entertain, cause that bottle of water was $5.50! I guess cheap dates are a thing of the past! A BIG bummer occurred about a minute before it was time to board the first plane to Seattle, WA… I had written a great entry, so full of excitement and so many thoughts, but knowing me, I’m prone to unfortunate events.. I DELETED IT! So that’s why I’m here now, to finish what I once started! I want you to know all about what we have planned for our trip! Keep in mind, today might be the longest amount of time I spend blogging, well because I have nothing better to do! Shortly I’ll be landed from my 3hr flight to St. Louis, and be off on my own for a whole 24 hours!! THAT’S RIGHT, NO PLANS, NO PEOPLE, JUST ME (in some strange state.. what to do what to do). Honestly, I don’t know where this blogging motivation came from, but my guess is the lovely, hour long, mouth breathing slumber I just had on the plane (don’t worry, I apologized to the ladies next to me for snoring..)

As I sit here writing, I would like to take a moment to thank the great individual who worked so hard at putting this trip together and really making it come to life! Matt Kennedy is my favorite instructor at Oregon State who teaches in the Animal and Rangeland Science Department, and thank god for that because some things I’m not sure I would be able to grasp without him! As of now, the tentative schedule for the trip is:

Tuesday Sept 8th: Fly in and attend cardinals game; stay at Missouri Athletic Club

Wednesday  9th: St Louis Arch, Riverboat Tour and Monsanto; stay at Missouri Athletic Club

Thursday 10th: Purina Mills Research Farm, University of Missouri; Stay at Hampton Inn, Columbia MO

Friday 11th: Triumph Foods, Green Dirt Farm, Lewis Seeds/Monsanto Field Plots; Stay at Hampton Inn, St Joe MO

Saturday 12th: Shatto Dairy, Schweiver Orchards, Explore St joe/Kansas City; Stay at Hampton Inn, St Joe MO

Sunday 13th: 4k Farms- Swine/soybeans/corn, Omaha Zoo; Stay at Hampton Inn, Omaha, NE

Monday 14th: University of NE feedlot, campus, Tractor testing Facility; Stay at Hampton Inn, Omaha, NE

Tuesday 15th: Claas Combines, Union Pacific; Fly out of Omaha

Are you as excited as I am?! Well guess what, one more exciting piece for you…. I BOUGHT A SELFIE STICK FOR THE TRIP!! hehehe shouldn’t that be interesting!

Stay tuned, and check back every day for more updates from just another woman in agriculture, follow the class on facebook, twitter, and instagram via the hashtag #15MWAGTOUR