Post #4

The chess project has been going slower than I’d like. This week, I started implementing some functionalities to the backend to make it more robust. A basic game engine is finished and I did an in depth review to offer some revisions to the logic and small redesigns to make the code more concise. The UI is still in progress. We need to start integrating before we can get an idea of what is and isn’t working, but progress on the UI is slow. I’ll try to offer to help its development this week to get it coming along.

In the meantime, I’m continuing to apply to jobs. I’ve asked a few friends to help spruce up my resume and gotten some advice on what job titles and position levels to look for. I never knew how extensive LinkedIn is for professionals. Hopefully I’ll have more success finding a full time remote position on there than before. I’m also doing Leetcode and picked up a couple books to practice algorithms that I may need for the technical interview. Hopefully when an opportunity arrives, I’ll be ready!