Post #2

I’ve been given the team I requested, and we’ve chosen an online chess web application for our project. When I think about the whole project, it seems daunting. There’s a lot of parts that I have no idea how to even start, or I feel like I’ve only touched upon previously, so it’s going to be a lot of Google-ing and Youtube-ing, and asking lots of questions. In the meantime, I’ve been applying for jobs to start this summer and have gotten a few replies. I just had an initial interview and am awaiting a response. It’s a little complicated because my wife is going to be moving around this summer and next summer for her medical residency, so I’ve been focused on fully remote positions, which limits my options a bit. But Los Angeles shouldn’t be a bad place to end up next summer to look for a job change to a large and established company. In the meantime, I’ll take what I can get if it means we can stay together. Job hunting is always a stressful time, but I just need one offer to get started. The first job will also be super important in providing real industry experience to put on my resume for the future.