2nd Post. Sometimes you get lucky

Everyone has worked a group project in their life and we all know that its not the project that is make or break but its the group. Sometimes this is the case with work, sometimes this is the case with a weekend trip to Vegas, and in this case its my capstone project. I had my first meeting with my group and I got lucky! The people in my group are GREAT! With their experience and backgrounds I know I am going to learn more from them than I ever would have expected coming into this project. Coming into this project my biggest fear was not the statement of work, not the project, not the fact that its been a while since I’ve used some of these technologies and need to dust off the cobwebs, it was knowing a bad group can make this a long term. We all have had ok groups in our day and sometimes less than stellar (putting it nicely) groups but not this one for me. I hope they enjoy working with me as much as I know I’m going to enjoy working with them and learning from them. Our project plan was fun to do and I have to say it looks like we have a pretty good plan. I know there is still a lot to do (like literally almost all of it) but having a good plan goes a long ways and can help avoid running into problems down the road.

Anyway I think that’s enough about the capstone. Other things going on, work work work. I am very fortunate to have my job, and I do like my job, but there are some days where it is not the most fun place in the world. But things are turning around there and getting better. Also moral in the office has improved, I am crediting it to the Seattle Mariners making the playoffs and the rally shoe!!! At an engineering company I’m sure 90+% of the people there don’t care, but that 10% lifts spirits. My company now has us going back in the office 4 days a week which has been difficult at times (especially when we all have friends that don’t go in at their fancy big tech jobs) but the people are what make it enjoyable. It is getting darker earlier and staying dark later in Seattle so we are entering a difficult time of year but the people I work with are great and are making coming in somewhat enjoyable outside of commuting and gas. Anyway I am lucky to not only have a good capstone project but I also am lucky to have a pretty fun team at work. Good people in a team, make the team!