A Bump In The Road

As the winter term comes to an end, I find myself looking back at my project and wondering if there were things I could have done differently, or if I could have managed my time better. The past few weeks have proven to be challenging and rewarding at the same time. Along with completing my senior capstone project this term I have also been working on CS 374 – Intro to operating systems, a course that I have been hearing about since my Junior year. I had heard that it was difficult, time consuming, and would have me testing my limits when it came to my understanding of computers and coding.

I can say without a doubt that what I had been told was the truth. I had struggled through the course while working on my capstone project, as the end of term looms, it seems that I will not be able to complete the course with a passing grade. This means that next term I will need to re-take it. Along with the stress from that change, I also learned this term that my wife is pregnant with our first child, while this news was beyond exciting, it did bring a new level of stress to my school/work environment, and had me thinking about the future even more.

Even with all of the changes that have occurred thus far, and what may lie ahead I stay confident and motivated to continue working and striving to create a senior capstone project that I can be proud of. If I could go back and know the things that I know now, I would focus on my time management and how I go about taking on an assignment. However, I cannot do that, so looking towards the future, I hope that my Malware Analysis project can prove to be a helpful asset to anyone who is interested in learning more about the way that Malware Interacts with our computers, and how it may change in the future. Computers and technology only continue to improve and become more intelligent, to combat the ever changing environment, we need to be knowledgeable so that we can be prepared. And from there it is up to us to do the best that we can!

Thank you all for taking the time to read through my post! I am very excited to show what I have completed with my project and to see what it will be used for. This experience has taught me A LOT! I hope to continue to learn and improve my skills to help those around me.