VMware – Unraveling the Virtual Space

Senior Capstone Projects provide students with practical opportunities to apply knowledge and skills to showcase what students have learned during their educational journey. My project focused on Malware Analysis, leveraging VMware to set up virtual networks and machines. This post explores the learning curves encountered, particularly with VMware. VMware facilitated the creation of virtual networks and machines crucial for malware analysis. Configuring these environments required understanding network topology and virtualization concepts.

Learning VMware was challenging yet rewarding. I found myself looking to my resources to try and find out how to complete certain tasks in VMware. Configuring networks and managing virtual machines demanded time and effort. Online resources and VMware’s structured interface aided the learning process. Patience and persistence were key when tackling complex technologies. Utilizing online resources and hands-on practice accelerates learning. VMware has a ton of features that are available, for my project I will only be needing to use a few, but it is nice having the option and exploring the different ways that I can use it later on and for this project.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!