Slowly But Surely

The Project Shift

Originally embarking on the journey of creating a mobile sports betting application, I recently pivoted to a new venture. I am now part of a dynamic team focused on developing a personal training application. This change pushes me out of my comfort zone, presenting exciting opportunities to explore new programming languages, learn innovative tools, and contribute to something larger than myself. The utilization of AWS Amplify in this project adds another layer of anticipation, and I’m eager to witness the collective creativity of my teammates.

The Internship Quest

As the school year inches closer, the prospect of an internship looms on the horizon. Balancing a thirty-two-hour workweek at the bank while gearing up for graduation in the spring, I’m eyeing either a summer or a spring internship. My resume is polished, and I’ve sent out applications to a couple of promising places. The impending experience brings a mix of excitement and nerves. Amidst the daily grind, I find myself brainstorming ways to forge connections within the industry, building a network of mentors, friends, and potential teammates.

Juggling Act

Managing a full-time job, a 14-credit school schedule, and still finding time for my wife and family is no easy feat. There are days when my schedule confines me to the homework cave after making dinner. In these moments, I cherish the unhurried Sundays and the time spent with loved ones. I’ve discovered the importance of stepping outside into the open air—whether on a lunch break or during a brief respite at home. This small ritual serves as a reset button, making it a bit easier to tackle the tasks at hand. Admittedly, a fair share of coffee and energy drinks accompany me through the daily ebbs and flows. To all readers, I implore you: seize the opportunity this week to spend 10-15 minutes outdoors or in your happy space; the difference it makes might surprise you.

Gratitude

Thank you for joining me on this journey!