Blog Post #1: The Start

I was in a MATLAB coding class near the completion of my previous degree, where I was finishing my first ever programming assignment. I had not had any exposure to coding in the past, so I was excited to learn a new skill. The assignment was simple: code a program that calculates the heat loss through a pipe.

The solution to the problem seemed simple enough, plug in the equation for the heat loss of a pipe, and use code to somehow return the answer. I quickly got to the implementation of the solution, and was satisfied with the results. Reflecting back on this experience, I realize that this is when my interest in programming had first been sparked. I decided to research more about the field of software engineering, and felt that it was the best fit for my interests and skills.

After finishing my degree in Chemical Engineering and starting work, I enrolled into the OSU post-bacc program to make sure that I understood the fundamentals of computer science, and quickly started setting aside time in the evenings and weekends to learn.

I am now at the final point in the program, with most pre-requisites to attaining the degree complete, aside from this class and two electives. I am excited to work with fellow students on an interesting project, and really delve into the process of software development. Some of the projects that I am interested include:

• Cloud Based Optimization of Algorithmic Stock Market Trading
  • Investor Match.ai
  • AI/ML Bitcoin Trading Bot

These projects combine two of my interests, which are Artificial Intelligence and investing. I hope to learn more about artificial intelligence, and put to use everything I learned in this program to complete an exciting project!

One response to “Blog Post #1: The Start”

1. OSU Avatar

Hi, this is a comment.