About Me

Hello, to anyone who visits my blog,

My name is Robinson, like many students coming into this school year, I am a Senior at Oregon State University. I am in Los Angeles, CA, Pacific Time zone. I have a dog Luna Bojangles, and a cat Lydia Deetz. If I have the time I like to play video games, and if I have the money I like to travel. I like to swim competitively, I have been since I was 8 years old and it brings me a lot of happiness. Another thing I like to do to keep me active is Rock climbing.

In a sort of roundabout way what got me started with computers and software was Star Wars and Mr. Robot. Star Wars initially drove me to pursue engineering and Mr. Robot led me to investigate the alternative more computer-driven side to things.

My journey with OSU started with me wanting to come back to school to complete my degree. A lot of individuals mentioned their Post-Bacc program, which I was not qualified for, but after I had joined another online school I found OSU had opened their Computer Science program to online students, so I hoped for the best and applied. Leaving the last program I was in to be part of Oregon State.

Currently, I work as a Software Developer, and I feel truly lucky to have this position. The position is with a small medical company that I share a vision with, so it feels truly rewarding to be part of their team.

I have to admit, that it is hard to pick just a few technologies that I like, and I find it difficult to not like all of them. I have come to really like MySQL, PHP, Python, Vuex, Linux, AWS, GCP, Git, and the list can go on. What I appreciate about a lot of technologies is how they work to make the lives of programmers easier, what they do to improve on their existing framework, and how they innovate. There is just so much that it is difficult to pick just a few, especially since they all do different things or the same things differently.

Of the current projects I am interested in there are:

Project: Leveraging NASA & IBM Foundation Model for Soil Organic Content

Why it interests me: I currently am doing something that affects lives at work, but I would like to learn how I could use software to make a difference in the environment, so I think it would be a rewarding career path to investigate. As well as a lot of these technologies I don’t have experience with, so it would be nice to dive into them.

Project: Malware Analysis

Why it interests me: The internet has become so common and so has the growth of viruses, and this is an area I do not have a lot of experience in besides some Linux background, so it would be a rewarding and huge opportunity for growth to work with Malware and analyze what goes on with it.

Project: Markup Maps – Aquifers

Why it interests me: This is another thing that works with the environment, but also on the political side of things. I have never been one for politics, but I have started becoming more interested in it lately, and I feel this project fits the bill for me having some experience, a desire to learn, and an impact for me to be driven for this project.

These are just a few projects, as there are so many, it is difficult to just pick one, but I know I will be happy with whichever I get.

Looking forward to this journey and path of learning!

– Robinson

One response to “About Me”

1. OSU Avatar

Hi, this is a comment.