IPIP Results

The results of my IPIP test are:

Extraversion: Low; I am introverted, reserved, and quiet with socializing restricted to a few close friends.

Agreeableness: Average; I have some concern with others needs but generally unwilling to sacrifice for others. 

Conscientiousness: High; I set clear goals and pursue them with determination. I am hard working and reliable. 

Neuroticism: Average; Stressful and frustrating situations are somewhat upsetting to me, but I am able to get over them.

Openness to Experience: Average; I enjoy tradition but will try new things.

I took the short version of the test in interest of time. I agree that I am definitely an introvert and generally prefer to be around animals or family and a few close friends. I think that my agreeableness/concern for others needs depends on who the person is. If it is someone who I value highly vs. someone I do not then it will be very different. As I am working on my 4th degree and am a board certified large animal surgeon, I guess I would agree that my conscientiousness is high. In terms of neuroticism, I do have high anxiety and do find myself stressed in certain situations, but most especially situations which I am unfamiliar with and I am generally able to talk myself back to calm. I am also definitely open to new ways to do things and experiences, but I do prefer to evaluate and determine if its something I want to try or not based on my consideration.

A potential employer looking at these results might see that I would be a quiet, hardworking individual who generally is agreeable and open to new wats to do things and can handle a variety of situations. Whether or not these would be good positive attributes for an open position would likely depend on the particular job. Any sales job or one best suited for an extrovert would probably not be a good fit for me. I would think that an employer looking at my IPIP test results might find that my strengths are conscientiousness/hard work, ability to work on my own and not need a lot of feedback, intelligence, and willingness to try new things. My weaknesses may be my introversion (especially for a position that might require much interaction with the public), and anxiety. Anxiety can manifest in many ways, and while I feel I am relatively well self-controlled (meaning I do not take any medication), as an employer it might be more difficult to really understand a particular persons anxiety level and how they handle it if they do not know them well. 

2 responses to “IPIP Results”

1. Hi Kristy,

I liked the way you thought about using the results of a personality teat to understand “fit” within the context of the job and/or organization. That might be the most valuable use of tests like these- for both the employee and employer.

2. Hi Kirsty, I found your results interesting. Your results had some similarities with mine but I found that you got a lot more average scores which made me curious to read more about your results. I like your explanation of your scores and whether you agree or disagree. I thought that you had a good explanation for conscientiousness which was based off being a surgeon and pursuing your fourth degree.