Week 1 Blog Post

I began working at a granite shop two years ago and knew that I wanted to move up as fast as possible. I started out making $15 per hour, but I really wanted to pass $20 per hour to feel financially comfortable. From the very first day, I went out of my way to learn every machine in the shop in order to be a flexible, diverse employee. In this situation compensation was a huge motivating factor to work hard because I knew I needed the money In order to pay for my bills. With my motivation guiding me, I was able to achieve four pat raises in my first year with the company. In addition to multiple pay raises, I also gained a lot of responsibility within the company and now serve in a managerial role. The compensation motivated me because I like to take advantage of good deals in the stock market and we are currently going through a time where top tech stocks are experiencing 60% drops and being able to invest more each paycheck will set up my longterm portfolio. This was a huge motivation on top of being able to support myself on a daily basis.