Writing exercise 1

what is a non infectious disease? when i think of a disease the infection rate is a major factor that i correlate with a disease. I don’t know any microbes that cause a disease but are also not infectious. the first diseases i can think of are the black death, herpies, chicken pox, things like this all have high infection and transfer rates. if we think of cancer in the form of a disease then I could see the correlation between microbes and the disease like with my presentation on Thursday.

however if the microbe is transferred in the case of colleria we still see infection rates and the Zed et al. article showed that if we can transfer bacteria then cancers and tumors can be connected to infection rate. to be honest i think i need a better understanding of the definition of disease in absence of an infection medium and an infection rate. the virulence factors is such a deciding factor of a disease is known that its hard for me to separate the 2. is obesity a disease that can be caused by an imbalance in microbes.