Blog Post#1

My name is Jiehui Huang, and I am taking the CS 463 course this term. My favorite project in this course is the wine data lake because it helps me to understand how to set up the website that connects with the virtual machine and database. It stores the data into the database, and we can search the specific wine based on the characteristics of the wine.

It is great to learn about the tools that set up the database such as pgAdmin4, and it is clear to see what data for each table. It can be used to modify the data into the database. When we connect the database with a virtual machine such as google cloud instance or AWS, it can host the website by using the virtual machine instance.

I like the tool of google cloud because it is easy to deploy the website, and we can change the setting for the virtual machine instance. It has the free trials for the google cloud services, and we can decide whether we continue to use it after the free trials. It is great to deploy the code to the google cloud when we finish the testing locally.

Overall, I learned about the process of database setup, connection between database and virtual machine, third party login such as google cloud and Auth0, and APIs development. It is a great learning experience from the real world project.

One response to “Blog Post#1”

1. OSU Avatar

Hi, this is a comment.