Blog Post #2

Hello, my name is Jiehui Huang, and I am working on the project “Wine data lake” currently with my capstone course. It is a success so far, and we are learning the coding that students did last year. Students did the back end for the project last year, and we are working on the front end this year. My plan is to keep exploring the coding that students did last year, and we are trying to understand each part of the coding for the back end. It is great to learn about how we work with a large project, and it helps people to find the wine based on the keywords for the characteristics of the wines. 

My feedback on this CS461 course is great, and it is more about how we design the project to be implemented before we start to do the coding. It helps us to provide feedback with classmates, and we can connect with the sponsor for the project details. 

I am applying for a master degree in computer science currently, and my future career would be software development engineer. I am working on a software development internship currently, which is about a six month period. I am seeking my second internship in my free time, which is around the summer 2023. 

I am learning about new technologies this term such as Postman and google cloud. We can test the APIs with the tool with Postman, and it can return the APIs response with corresponding HTTP status code. The google cloud can be used to host the website publicly. They are very useful when you want to test the APIs, and host the website publicly. 

In reality, I prefer to watch a movie in my free time in order to handle stress, and we can talk with teammates about our concerns. It is great when we talk with other people, and we can share ideas with each other.

One response to “Blog Post #2”

1. Hi, this is a comment.