Job Analysis

Week 4

A job analysis allows perspective employees to gage their potential field of work and tasks. A job analysis also helps to clarify roles and responsibilities of those who were hired for that position.

I once took a chiropractor tech/ receptionist job (that I still work as) that I had no other description of besides the title and it turned out to be an okay job. The reason it is only okay is because of the extraneous amount of paper work and accounting that came with everything on top of taking people off of their therapy machines. I also was poorly promoted to the role of office manager with no in depth training, which caused me to have high anxiety whenever I did not know where things were or how to combat an issue. I would say that I have good people skills that allows me to work around uncertainty easier, but chiropractor work is still pretty new to me. The doctor that I work for also seems to not have any free time to help me establish a secure routine or flow.

As a manager in the future I hope to provide all my employees with adequate training, so when the time comes to hire a new person, the written job description would be accurate but also easy to learn from. One of the problems that I can see from a job analysis are the different characteristics that every employee brings into the workforce. I see a lot of creativity that would otherwise be hard to pinpoint, and if no written specifications were present things wouldn’t be done correctly.