My Project

The goal of our project was to create an animal adoption service that matches shelter animals up with prospective owners. First, I want to talk about why I chose this project. My family adopted an abandoned dog about three years ago. We named her Gypsy. She was very scared when she just came to our family, and she liked to stay in a corner of the house and would not interact with anyone. However, now she is very active, friendly, and clingy to everyone. Gypsy is a very grateful dog, and she has brought a lot of joy to our family. I want more people to enjoy this pleasure with animals, and this is the major reason that I chose this project. 

For this project, I have three other teammates. I have no work experience in the computer science field, and I only had very limited teamwork experience from my other classes at OSU. I was a little bit nervous about this course before it started because we are working with our teammates the whole term. However, to me, everything has been very smooth so far. We chose to work asynchronously because we are from three different time zones. We have been cooperating well with sharing our code on GitHub and communicating via Teams. We have started building HTML pages, got our app set up on Google App Engine, set up routes for CRUD operations, and implemented CRUD operations in certain pages. I am kind of excited and looking forward to seeing how our project will end.