My first blog post ever…in my life!

Oh this is kind of fun. I’m the author, my name is Holly. This is my last class, very hard to believe, 3-1/2 years later. I work full time at a pediatric hospital as a clinical documentation improvement specialist with a Masters in Health Informatics and a degree in Pre-Medicine/Biology. I have always loved tech, maybe before some of you even knew what tech was. I actually was the only girl in most of my classes back in… wait for it… 2000. Yes that’s right, over 22 years ago. So why am I here as a student 22 years later, you ask? I unfortunately didn’t think I fit in to the mold of a tech worker. I didn’t spend my evenings coding for fun. I questioned myself a lot, whether I was smart enough, and then the dot com bubble burst. At that point, I talked myself into dropping out 3 years into the CS program at Portland State, because I didn’t think I would be able to get an internship (this is what I told myself, whether it was true, I don’t know). After that I used my initial premed degree to keep moving forward in healthcare.

But I still love to code and I love a good puzzle so I went back to school and now here I am, going for it yet again. I’m looking forward to this capstone and seeing what comes of it, I hope many good things!

One response to “My first blog post ever…in my life!”

1. OSU Avatar

Hi, this is a comment.