Blog Post 2: Favorite Technology

My favorite technology from this project so far is the Unreal Engine that we are using to implement our project. For me this is my favorite technology because of how detailed on how much in depth we can go in terms of preparation and design of our project and the details based on that really help us kind of isolate each of the route puzzles that we are attempting to implement. That combined with the implementation of git desktop for us to be able to collaborate together has really been fascinating to be a part of and implement. Essentially we have multiple people working on a single project at the same time using different schedules and working asynchronously but all in tuned with each other in terms of the way we work and implement the project.

For me the technology that we have used on this project has really been eye opening because I am learning a lot and participating in the challenges that we are facing all at the same time while working asynchronously with the rest of the group. I also think that the way that my group is able to implement and design their portions of the project has been really interesting because it sets a standard and a level for me to design and implement my portion of the project to meet that same exact standard.

But in terms of technology I think the combination of using Unreal Engine with git desktop is fascinating to me because I had not in the past used this combination before and in using this combination I have been able to learn a lot about collaborative working environments with different groups of people working at different rates.