My Journey to CS

Hi!
My name is Greisy, and I started my journey towards Computer Science back in 2021 (time flies!). I was previously in the Agricultural Science industry in which I was able to use and apply knowledge from my first degree in Biology. But after a year in that industry, I decided to make the switch to CS.

A very good friend of mine and mentor gave me an insight to a day in the life as a SWE. I explored a bit of programming in python until I stumbled upon the OSU postbacc program. Now, 2 years later, I am working as an intern doing software development! I’m excited to have started my developer journey since the summer of 2023 doing front end development, but now I’m even more excited to continue it by transitioning to back end development. I am always learning new things whether it be at school or work, and I enjoy the new challenges along the way.

One of my favorite things to do when I want to distract myself from school work is play online games with those friends, or play with my cat. I also enjoy outdoor walks to get a nice view and a good break from the screens.

One response to “My Journey to CS”

1. OSU Avatar

Hi, this is a comment.
    To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
    Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.