Blog Post #2

Hello everyone!

This week my group and I discussed our project plan. The project we’re working on is the Software Development Quiz (here). Basically, it allows an employer to make a quiz composed of various question types, then it allows that employer to email candidates the quiz to take. The candidates will respond by taking the quiz, and their answers will be ranked and visible on a dashboard accessible to the employer after quiz creation.

This seems like a fairly easy project at a glance, but the real difficulty comes in using Flask. It’s not new to me, but it’s been about a year since the last time I used it and I really need a refresher before working on this project. In addition to this, we split the work on the project, but I ended up getting the bulk of the project (creating the whole quiz creation process, which is the project, while my teammates are making the auxiliary functions like logging in and the results dashboard). I understand that we shouldn’t really split work on a function between three people or the code will be messy and incongruent, so I’m happy to contribute this to the group.

This week, I’m going to write the code for the quiz itself and its database interactions. It should be fairly easy once I re-familiarize myself with Flask. I will update on how this went on my next blog post.

Thank you for reading!