Hello world! Blog Post #1

Image from unsplash

Q1: Why did you choose to go into Computer Science?
I originally thought I wanted to go to medical school. However, during my senior year of my first BS degree, I discovered I really did not like working in the hospital and clinics. So, after graduation I chose to work in clinical research until I figured out what to do next. It was during this time that I found that I enjoyed working with data and technology and decided to go back to school and earn my 2nd BS in Computer Science. It was one of the best decisions I had ever made. Before, I never understood how physicians could work 80+ hours a week in the hospital. Then I learned how to code. When I code, hours fly by and if I’m not careful, I find myself forgetting to eat and sleep. Turns out I am just not as passionate about medicine as I am about computer science.

Image from unsplash

Q2: Why did you choose the projects you did on the survey? What makes them interesting to you?
My first choice project was the AI Coder. I chose this one because it sounded like a lot of fun and something I have not done before. With all the new AI tools that have come out recently, and continue to be released, this project seemed like a good opportunity to learn how to use these tools. Also, at work we’re encouraged to patent ideas, and one of the challenges my patent team and I are thinking about is using AI tools to help us generate patents. Which is very similar to how this project requires you to use the AI tools to build it. So, it would be a good opportunity for practice before I attempt trying to patent ideas with the help of AI.
The other projects I chose were based on ones that I could build with React, since that is the framework I’m currently most comfortable with, and thus wouldn’t find myself getting into trouble in not completing a quality project on time.

Image from unsplash

Q3: What type of person are you, in terms of a group dynamic?
I would say that I am a jack of all trades, and I am whoever my team needs me to be. With that said, I do love being a leader because there is nothing more important to me than my team’s success. I am very organized, good at research, love coming up with a game plan and I will stop at nothing, within reason of course, to ensure success. However, I’m also a loyal follower to worthy a leader and work hard to deliver on time and quality work. I enjoy working in teams and I would not be where I am today without the help from my colleagues at work.

One response to “Hello world! Blog Post #1”

1. OSU Avatar

Hi, this is a comment.