Take Breaks

Now that you are a Post-baccalaureate student, you will now be juggling multiple responsibilities. From work, to school, to even taking care of kids. I urge you to do one very important thing. TAKE BREAKS! Going to school for Computer Science is already hard enough. Having to juggle this with other major life responsibilities will be very hard. You will think that you will be able to power through it and just get everything done quickly without any regard for your mental and physical health, but 2 to 4 years is a long time. You will get tired. Be kind to yourself and pace yourself. Sometimes taking a break might mean not taking any summer classes or reducing your course load from two classes per quarter to just one. No one is here to judge you. You need sleep. You need to eat healthy meals. You need exercise. You need to be spending time with people you care about. Do not let these things slip because you want to power through it. Doing so is not worth it. So, again, I urge you, TAKE BREAKS. I’ve taken breaks and I am still here. If you do not take a break on your own will, your body might force you to take one. 

If you do not take breaks, certain things might happen to you. You might start to not enjoy taking any classes, you might emotionally check out, or you might consider dropping out. I think the courses here at OSU are reasonable and it would be a shame to loathe your experience here at this school. Taking a break will give you that breather to remind yourself why you are here in the the first place and to actually be fully present while taking classes. You do not want to experience burn out from doing too many things at one. I know, it sucks. I will say it one last time, to avoid all of these potential issues, TAKE BREAKS!