Writing Exercise #14:

Human Non-infectious diseases 

IBS , Diabetes ,Autoimmune diseases ,Crohn’s disease ,Asthma ,Ulcers 

Psoriasis, Cystic fibrosis, Heart disease , Addison’s disease, Cancer , Eating sensitvies (like gluten and lactose, I know they aren’t “diseases” but they can be influenced by microbiota) , Lyme disease , Renal diseases , Gout, obesity 

When I compare my response from week 1 to week 10 I can see that one of the main differences is that this week I was able to come up with more concrete examples that came to mind easily. I think during week one I really did not know what “non-infectious” meant because it was something I had never thought to consider as I just saw every disease as a disease.  I think some of the most important topics that I will take away is that what we put into our bodies can impact our overall health. It also doesn’t just affect our gut and digestive system but can play a role in affecting other body systems like our respiratory system and even our eyes as we saw in week 2 and even our mental health.  Also recognizing that parental gut health can play a role in affecting their children as well whether its mothers’ breast milk or parents maybe not including important nutrients in the child’s diet. Also this class really did help me understand scientific articles more. Before in my other classes when we had to look at an article and talk about the results I honestly had no idea what anything meant and I feel confident in my ability to review one now.