Self-Reflection

1. What am I good at?

I am good at planning, organizing, and managing. I am good at math and writing. I am good at bringing people together and being a sociable person. I am good at working hard, no matter the tasks when I know that there is a job for me to get done. I am good at starting projects on my own without any push or help from outside forces.

2. What do I value?

I value being able to spend my time how I want. I value a good work-life balance, but also being able to work more when that is what I WANT to do. I value being able to afford the lifestyle I want to live and will take salary greatly into consideration during my continued job searches and acceptances as I enter my professional career.

3. How did I get here?

I got here because I chose to come to Oregon State because I grew up close and I started in business to try to be an event planner. I thought I might want to be a teacher and switched my major then after a year I realized that was not what I wanted and switched back to business. I realized management is my best strength and what I enjoy and that human resources sounded the most like what I wanted to get out of my degree.

4. Where am I going?

I am going to move to Texas after graduation to start my first job of my professional career in recruiting. It seems like something I will enjoy and be good at. This job allows me to focus on what matters to me as I start my professional career. I am going to get a lot of experience and hopefully enjoy it, and take the time to learn the ropes of working in the professional world.