Do you have a passion for sustainability and interest in creating positive change at OSU? Will you be living in a residence hall next year? If so, the Sustainability Office invites you to apply for an Eco-Rep position!
Eco-Reps advance sustainability in their residence halls by conducting outreach, planning events, managing their hall’s composting program, and more. In this role, you can expect to collaborate with a fun team and develop skills in leadership and communication. No previous experience with sustainability work is required!
This is a great entry-level job for incoming students. Eco-Reps usually work 5-8 hours a week, and the hours are extremely flexible around class schedules and other commitments. Compensation is $15/hour.
- Report weekly qualitative and quantitative outreach data in an online activity log
- Engage with UHDS staff and Area Councils
- Assist with planning, marketing and execution of campus-wide sustainability programs such as recycling education and assessment, Kilowatt Crackdown, Service Projects, and Beyond Earth Day, among others
- Utilize multiple tactics in marketing and outreach efforts, including event planning, distributing fliers and posters, posting on bulletin boards and social media, and face-to-face interactions with residents
- Assist UHDS in educating residents on the importance of properly returning the reusable take-out food containers used in the Eco2Go program
- Have the opportunity to coordinate hall compost program by recruiting participants, emptying and cleaning compost bins, weighing and tracking data
- Attend weekly meetings with other Eco-Reps, and monthly meetings with Resident Director
Benefits of being an Eco-Rep:
- Stepping stone to other jobs and internships
- Great connections with faculty and staff
- Building friendships with other Eco-Reps and students at OSU
- Good pay ($15/hr) and flexible hours