OSU hosting WOHESC March 6-8! Register today!

Hosted right here at OSU March 6-8, the Washington Oregon Higher Education Sustainability Conference (WOHESC) is an exciting opportunity to inspire change, facilitate action, and promote collaboration around sustainability and social justice within the region’s higher education institutions. Sessions, workshops, and networking at WOHESC will empower participants to advance environmental and social justice. As a […]

March 1, 2023

Hosted right here at OSU March 6-8, the Washington Oregon Higher Education Sustainability Conference (WOHESC) is an exciting opportunity to inspire change, facilitate action, and promote collaboration around sustainability and social justice within the region’s higher education institutions. Sessions, workshops, and networking at WOHESC will empower participants to advance environmental and social justice. As a regional conference, WOHESC promotes a local focus, with dialogue and solutions tailored to our unique political, social, economic, and environmental climate.

For past attendees, WOHESC has been a rewarding experience.

Nahuel Guaita, an OSU student, attended WOHESC in 2022. “I enjoyed collaborating with other university students to think about environmental problems. This helps us understand that climate issues can’t be resolved by one party, but instead by a confluence and effort of collective actions. My favorite part was listening and learning from the primary speakers. There are people that have been studying the field for years and we need their expertise flowing to the new generations”, Nahuel says.

Nahuel adds, “My interest and desire to participate in WOHESC came from my inclination to focus on energy and environmental policy. I thought this was a great event for learning and networking. And it was.”

Maddie Smith, an OSU student, is also a past WOHESC attendee. “I’ve attended the conference remotely twice so far, and each time I’ve learned something new in the breakout sessions. Last year, I participated in the Student Sustainability Action Challenge, which introduced me to other students from OSU who shared my passion for sustainability. I would recommend that any student with the time should try the action challenge because it is a great opportunity to network and think creatively about the big challenges we face today”, says Maddie.

Coming up in less than a week, there is much excitement for WOHESC this year.

“I’m looking forward to attending sessions on my own college campus and connecting with other students and professionals. As I grow close to graduation, I am hoping to grow my network with sustainability leaders as much as possible. I would recommend this conference to any student, regardless of their major, because sustainability is relevant to everyone and growing in significance every day” says Maddie.

Register for WOHESC today!

TAGS:

CATEGORIES: Uncategorized