Interesting in joining a fun and passionate team that works to advance sustainability at OSU? The Sustainability Office is currently recruiting two student Software Engineering Interns! The students in this position will maintain and develop cloud applications for sustainability projects, implement software solutions, and execute related programmatic tasks. The successful candidates will be eager to learn about the Sustainability Office’s software infrastructure.
Position duties include:
- Maintenance and administration of cloud applications hosted on Amazon Web Services, including the following technologies:
- Lambda & API Gateway
- Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Elastic Container Service (ECS)
- Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Management and maintenance of several kiosk computers across OSU’s campus
- Development of continuous integration / continuous development pipelines (DevOps)
- Support energy metering hardware deployed around OSU’s Corvallis Campus
- Drive a vehicle around campus and read meters
- Join colleagues for various Sustainability Office outreach events and student service projects
- Must be academically enrolled in a high school, community college, or university
- Clear and consistent communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Coursework related to Data Structures (CS 261) and Web Development (CS 290)
Preferred (Special) qualifications:
- Proficient with Git/GitHub (know how to commit, create pull requests, merge branches, etc.)
- Experience with frontend technologies like VueJS/Vuex
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies
- Familiarity with sustainability, utilities & energy-related technologies
Average weekly workload is around 10 hours a week. Work schedule is somewhat flexible but must remain responsive to workload. Starting pay is $15.00.
Apply here by November 13, 2022! Please include a resume and cover letter that lists your level of interest, skills, and experience related to the bulleted items in this position announcement. Include a link to personal projects, or an active GitHub profile if applicable.
For additional information please contact Leticia Cavazos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.