Interesting in joining a fun and passionate team that works to advance sustainability at OSU? The Sustainability Office is currently recruiting a student Energy Project Assistant! The student in this position will support energy efficiency and sustainability projects, gather energy data, and execute related programmatic tasks.
Position duties include:
- Directly perform simple tasks throughout the Corvallis campus that save energy and water
- Retrieve and review construction documents from the OSU Plan Center and Digital Vault
- Attend project meetings, review project documents, and act as an ambassador for the Sustainability Office
- Improve OSU building efficiency via heating and cooling system optimization
- Read OSU utility meters as part of OSU’s utility billing and conservation efforts
- Track performance of and physically upkeep OSU’s solar arrays
- Lead student work groups in service projects, such as landscaped and natural areas cleanups
- Transport and setup the OSU Solar Trailer (5000 lb. complex device towed by pickup truck)
- Join colleagues for various Sustainability Office outreach events and projects
- Must be academically enrolled in a high school, community college, or university
- Clear and consistent communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent precision, attention to detail, timelines, and organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Personal commitment to and general knowledge of basic sustainability principles
- Project management experience, including reading construction documents
- Familiarity with energy-saving technologies, HVAC, and Building Control Systems
- Coursework or experience with green building technologies
- Experience towing trailers
On average, this position requires around 12 hours a week. Work schedule is somewhat flexible but must remain responsive to workload. Starting pay is $15.00.
Apply here by November 13, 2022! Please include a resume and cover letter that lists your level of interest, skills, and experience related to the bulleted items in this position announcement.
For additional information please contact Leticia Cavazos at email@example.com.
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.