Congratulations to University Events on earning the copper-level Green Office Certification!
They have been hard at work ‘greening’ their space and they’ve done an amazing job!
Some highlights from their results include:
- Providing reusable dishes and silverware for employees.
- Utilizing OSU Surplus to find and dispose of office furniture and other items.
- Consolidating office orders so purchases under $100 are not made.
- Purchasing computer-related equipment that is EnergyStar compliant and/or with an EPEAT rating of at least Gold.
- Staff is informed on the special materials that can be recycled at OSU and know how to complete service requests for these materials.
University Events joins the eleven other OSU offices that have received a certification so far! We can’t wait to see how they plan to improve their score and go for silver!
About the Certification:
The Green Office Certification is a simple yet effective way for OSU faculty and staff to further their sustainability efforts and get recognition for their work. It is also intended to provide new ideas for easy steps your office can take to reduce your environmental footprint and carbon emissions.
It takes the shape of an online survey that assesses current office practices under five categories: Utilities, Waste Management, Office Purchasing, Transportation and Travel, and Outreach, Engagement, and Professional Development.
Possible Certification Levels:
- Copper (50-59%)
- Silver (60-69%)
- Gold (70-79%)
- Platinum (80+%)
Don’t work in an office but are still interested in ‘greening’ your space? Check out our Green Labs Certification and Green Greek Certification. More information about our Green Certifications program can be found here.
Those interested in learning more or completing a Green Certification can reach out to email@example.com.
CATEGORIES: Campus Sustainability