Did you hear? The Sustainability Office is hiring!
We’re looking for a part-time student employee (10-15hrs/week) to work with campus stakeholders to support policies and actions that reduce OSU’s carbon footprint! Anyone with experience advocating for tangible changes, a desire to work through campus processes at the highest level, and a commitment to making OSU a more sustainable community is encouraged to apply!
Position Duties Include:
- Supporting policies and actions that reduce OSU’s carbon emissions.
- Working with campus stakeholder groups to promote and implement practices that reduce emissions.
- Partnering with ASOSU, the OSU Foundation and other campus units to advance fundraising efforts for projects that reduce carbon emissions.
- Identifying OSU policies and procedures that may impede OSU’s carbon reduction efforts and research and develop options to improve them.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Exposure to university procedures
- Project management and volunteer coordination experience
- Public policy and/or planning coursework
- Broad network of OSU student and community leaders.
Previous students in this position have had the opportunity to:
- Meet with the OSU Foundation to discuss fundraising options for reducing campus carbon emissions
- Work with campus stakeholders to plan and implement a carbon offsets program for university air travel
- Research OSU grant recipients’ projects to look for sustainability content to inform the Sustainability Office’s AASHE STARS report
- Learn about the inner-workings of the university
- Table with the Sustainability Office at events to heighten campus awareness of sustainability efforts
- And even attend the 2019 AASHE conference in Spokane, WA to learn about nationwide higher education sustainability efforts!