The Corvallis Climate Action Advisory Board needs your help!
The board has partnered with OSU’s College of Business to create a survey to develop a better understanding of community awareness and action related to climate change. The results of the survey will be used to inform the board’s work priorities during the next two years. The survey takes around 5 to 10 minutes to complete and will close on Thursday, June 27, so please complete it by then!
If you live or work in Corvallis, please fill out the following survey: https://orst.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0CdSev6LHLh4VDv.
The Corvallis Action Advisory Board (CAAB) is charged with helping Corvallis meet the Greenhouse Gas Emissions target set forth in the Corvallis Climate Action Plan (CAP) through implementation of CAP Community Mitigation and Adaptation Actions. This work includes:
- Advising City Council on all matters relating to Climate Action Plan implementation.
- Coordinating with the Imagine Corvallis Action Network Advisory Board (ICAN) on Initiative Form distribution, including updates and/or changes to the form, which will be referred and tracked through ICAN.
- Proactive communication to Initiative Sponsors to improve the coordination of work efforts, align resources, and connect interested parties with technical advisors.
- Proactive communication with City staff to increase awareness of sponsored initiatives and answer policy, code, financial, or other related questions.
- Community outreach and marketing of CAP Community Mitigation and Adaptation Actions to community members and neighborhood associations to encourage efforts to complete additional actions.
- An Advisory Board Annual Report to the City Council that includes CAP Initiatives that were submitted and completed, as well as progress made on Community Actions outlined in the CAP.
- Proactive research on funding opportunities for climate related activities.
CAAB set their regular meeting time as the fourth Thursday of each month from 5:00pm to 7:00pm, in the Madison Avenue Meeting Room, 500 SW Madison Avenue.
Check out their calendar for specific meeting dates here: https://www.corvallisoregon.gov/calendar
For more information about the Corvallis Action Advisory Board please visit: https://www.corvallisoregon.gov/bc-caab
CATEGORIES: Campus Sustainability Climate Action Plan Community Sustainability sustainable development