Last year during our Res. Hall Donation Drive we diverted more than 32,000 pounds of goods and materials from the landfill and donated them to local nonprofits. This year, we will be working both on-campus and off-campus again to divert and donate even more materials!
Each year our amazing volunteers help us to keep those materials out of the landfill and maintain our beautiful community. You can help us too!
VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME!
Res Hall Move Out Donation Drive
- What: Campus Recycling, Surplus Property and UHDS are working together to collect donations from residence halls. Shifts are available for collection (joining staff on trucks to collect recyclables and donated items from halls) and sorting (receiving and sorting donated items at the fairgrounds).
- When: Various shifts are offered between 8am and 9pm, June 10-19th.
- Where: Collection shifts depart from the surplus warehouse (644 SW 13th St.) and sorting shifts are hosted at Benton County Fairgrounds (110 SW 53rd St.).
- How to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040544a5a62d6-2019
- For more info: Contact Andrea Norris of Campus Recycling at Andrea.Norris@oregonstate.edu
Off-Campus Move Out Donation Drive
- What: OSU Community Responsibility and Belonging, Republic Services, and local nonprofits are partnering to maintain the cleanliness and livability of our community, and to help off-campus students responsibly donate and recycle unwanted items.
- When: Various short shifts are offered between 10am and 4pm, Friday, June 14th.
- Where: Grace Lutheran Church Parking Lot (Harrison St. and Kings Blvd.)
- To sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050F4CAFAF29A1F49-great1
- For more info: Contact Jon Stoll of Community Responsibility and Belonging at Jonathan.Stoll@oregonstate.edu
Whether you live on or off campus you can easily donate your unwanted items!
Many residents find out they have more stuff than they can fit on the ride home. During the hustle and bustle of finals it is difficult to determine what you don’t need to take. Right now is a great time to start thinking about what you need! Next week (week 9) your hall will receive a donation bin that you can start adding your unwanted items to. Items can include:
- Unopened, non-perishable food.
- Unopened or mostly full toiletries.
- Clean clothing, bedding and towels.
- Household items (ie. decor, dishes, lamps, electronics).
- Broken electronics, CDs/DVDs, ink cartridges (to be recycled).
- Furniture and wooden loft kits. Place these next to the bins.
You can donate your unwanted items too! Simply bring them to the Grace Lutheran Church parking lot (corner of Kings & Harrison) on Friday, June 14th between 10am and 4pm.
Accepted items include: furniture, mattresses, electronics, books, school/office supplies, clothes, kitchen and household items.
For more info check out our website!
Thank you for helping us keep Corvallis clean and sustainable!