Returning this January is the Oregon State Exclusive Permaculture Design Certificate Program, a course designed to guide participants through development of their own regenerative landscape designs.
Led by Andrew Millison and his team, Permaculture design is “an ethically based, whole-systems design approach to create sustainable human settlements and institutions. Although rooted in horticulture and agriculture, permaculture design also touches on regional planning, ecology, animal husbandry, technology, architecture and international development” . This course is recommended for those who are gardeners, professional planners, landscape architects, nursery owners, rural and urban farmers, school gardeners, and community organizers.
Learning outcomes of this course include;
- Observation and analysis of the natural processes of a site
- Design principles and methods
- Dynamics of water systems, soils, gardens and trees
- Urban permaculture
- Apply an ethically based whole-systems design approach
- Use concepts, principles, and methods derived from ecosystems, indigenous peoples, and other time-tested practices
- Learn about regional planning, ecology, animal husbandry, appropriate technology, architecture, and international development
The course runs from January 8 – March 19, 2018, and is online & instructor-led. The class is $740 + $60 for registration
You can click here to learn more.