The Corvallis Sustainability Coalition is seeking interns for Winter term for the 2016-2017 school year. If you or anyone you know is a senior in an undergraduate program and needs to fulfill an internship requirement for their degree, here is a great opportunity!
Build your resume and work on one or more projects that will focus on several areas of sustainability. The internship is flexible hours with an option to fulfill a 6 or 12 credit internship, depending on the needs of the applicant.
Background on the Coalition:
The mission of the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition is to promote an ecologically, socially, and economically healthy city and county. By using the Sustainability Guiding Objectives, a framework for decision-making based on the four Natural Step system conditions for a sustainable society, our community will:
1. Reduce and ultimately eliminate our community’s contribution to fossil fuel dependence and to wasteful use of scarce metals and minerals. Use renewable resources whenever possible.
2. Reduce and ultimately eliminate our community’s contribution to dependence upon persistent chemicals and wasteful use of synthetic substances. Use biologically safe products whenever possible.
3. Reduce and ultimately eliminate our community’s contribution to encroachment upon nature (e.g., land, water, wildlife, forests, soil, ecosystems). Protect natural ecosystems.
4. Support people’s capacity to meet their basic needs fairly and efficiently.
To apply, you will need to submit:
❖ cover letter
❖ unofficial transcript
❖ answers to the application questions on a separate page, typed, with proper grammar, and sufficient length and detail.
1. What term are you applying for (Winter Term) and for how many credits? (6 or 12)
2. Why are you applying for this position?
3. What action teams interest you the most and why?
4. What are your goals after graduation?
5. What efforts have you made in your own life to be more sustainable?
6. What volunteer experience do you have?
Interested in applying? Learn more here.
The application deadline for Winter Term 2017: November 21, 2016
Send applications and questions to: