Be a voice for sustainability at OSU! Apply for a Student Sustainability Initiative (SSI) Fee Board Chair or Member position for 2015-2016! Develop your leadership skills and make decisions that have a direct impact on campus infrastructure and student involvement in sustainability. The Student Sustainability Initiative Fee Board is composed of five voting student members and four non-voting members, all of whom are current students, faculty, or staff of OSU. The Fee Board is the governing body for the SSI and is primarily responsible for:
- Reviewing and approving SSI’s annual budget
- Managing SSI Grant Programs, including Green Fee, Student Wage, Professional Development, Project and Research Grants
- Managing the Sustainable Energy Revolving Loan Fund program
- Strategic planning to support student sustainability efforts at OSU
- Overseeing the SSI Student Director hiring process
The SSI Fee Board Chair’s primary responsibility is facilitating the SSI Fee Board meetings. The SSI Fee Board Chair also plays a leadership role within SSI budgeting and partnership development through its Grant Program. The SSI Fee Board chair receives a $200 monthly stipend.
To apply for the chair or a member position send a resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience, saved as a PDF titled “SSI Fee Board Application [your last name]” to Nick Silva, SSI Fee Board Chair at email@example.com. The application deadline has been updated. Applications are now due Wednesday, May 20 at 5 pm. Visit SSI’s website for more information and learn more about the SSI here!