Waste Watchers Spotlight: Rachel Tholl

Name: Rachel Tholl Title: Membership Chairwoman Degree: Bachelors in Education and French Year: Second When did you start volunteering with the Waste Watchers? Fall term of 2013. What has been your favorite project or event that the Waste Watchers have been involved in? I really like the Repair Fairs. I always have at least one […]

April 22, 2014

ssistaffphoto-full-rachel-thollName: Rachel Tholl

Title: Membership Chairwoman

Degree: Bachelors in Education and French

Year: Second

When did you start volunteering with the Waste Watchers?

Fall term of 2013.

What has been your favorite project or event that the Waste Watchers have been involved in?

I really like the Repair Fairs. I always have at least one thing that could use fixing, and I like meeting the other people who come in.

What keeps you volunteering with the Waste Watchers?

Definitely the weekly meetings! It’s pretty relaxed, and there’s always food. Having an hour each week to talk about our lives and progress with environmental goals on campus is really fun, and I love getting to know each person in the group.

What would you like to see the Waste Watchers do in the future?

I’d like to see more casual events around campus, maybe like a movie screening or a recycling contest. Anything that’s really easy for people to participate in and is low-key, that’s how to get people involved initially.

What is one way you reduce waste in your everyday life?

I use the Eco to Go program religiously! It has saved me a ton of trips to the dumpster outside, and I don’t have gross, old food sitting in my room. It’s more hygienic, and honestly easier to use than the evil clamshell containers. Plus it saves me a good few dollars every week. I can’t recommend it more!

Want to learn more about the Waste Watchers? Visit theĀ volunteer webpage to learn more about how to get involved.

TAGS:

CATEGORIES: Campus Recycling Waste Reduction