Waste Watchers Spotlight: Walker Holden

Name: Walker Holden Title: Star Volunteer Degree: Environmental Science Year: Freshman When did you start volunteering with the Waste Watchers? I began volunteering at the beginning of Fall term. What has been your favorite project or event that the Waste Watchers have been involved in? I love the Repair Fair that we hold twice a […]

April 15, 2014

WalkerName: Walker Holden

Title: Star Volunteer

Degree: Environmental Science

Year: Freshman

When did you start volunteering with the Waste Watchers?

I began volunteering at the beginning of Fall term.

What has been your favorite project or event that the Waste Watchers have been involved in?

I love the Repair Fair that we hold twice a term. It’s great that we do this and always have a healthy attendance rate.

What keeps you volunteering with the Waste Watchers?

Wonderful friends, plenty to do, and it feels great to be a part of planning events that will help the environment.

What would you like to see the Waste Watchers do in the future?

I would love it if the Waste Watchers would do more regularly occurring events, ones that happen every month or so.

What is one way you reduce waste in your everyday life?

Whenever I get a paper back, I put it into a drawer, and pull the paper out whenever I need scratch paper or to write something down.

Want to learn more about the Waste Watchers? Visit the volunteer webpage to learn more about how to get involved.

TAGS:

CATEGORIES: Campus Recycling Waste Reduction