Blog Post #1

Welcome to my blog. My name is Dresden Leeford.

I became interested in computers and software when taking an introduction to python course for fun. Quickly, I realized I wanted to pursue computer science as a career and not just as a hobby. I left my job as a social worker and started my computer science journey at OSU – the rest is history.

I am grateful to have had the opportunity of joining a software company as a software QA engineer. My internship project was to create a tool that populated realistic test data into different databases. By the end of my project, I had an API that could quickly generate realistic data of different types (social security numbers to full names) into different databases (MySQL, DB2, Oracle, Postgres and more!) The company gave me a return offer, and I have now been working as a software engineer (product development and automation) full time for 2 and a half years.

The project that is currently most interesting to me is the password manager project. This is because I have worked with similar technologies at my current job.

I currently live in Wisconsin with my husband and our two cats. I enjoy writing, drawing, kayaking, rock climbing, disc golfing, reading and playing video games in my spare time.