Semester 2 Wrap Up

This project has taught me a ton so far, and I have been surprised at the amount that I have learned from it so far. The development and planning has gone well so far, although towards the end, we have run into some roadblocks that have proven to be difficult to figure out. This has actually been super useful as up until now I haven’t really had any conflicts in my programming journeys as far as code design. Being able to talk over and redesign code structures and styles was a really useful situation to be put into and learn from. We have successfully determined how we can proceed and will be implementing these changes over the next couple weeks!

It has otherwise been exciting to see the project take shape, as at the beginning of this semester, we were still very far from having a well functioning prototype and now we are close to start seeing the creatures interacting with their environment and each other! The UI has become much more informative and usable as well.

When we had started the project I was not too sure how the project would look in the end, but now we can start to see the direction forming and an end product is in sight. I believe it will be a very full next semester adding in the last of our genetics and tweaking parameters to make a good simulator, but I am confident in our ability to do so now.