Plan, Plan, and Plan Some More

This week I have really started to map out my plan to implement the web client portal for ICM. Looking at all that I have to do is , well, overwhelming. I’m not sure if any other students have experienced this, but you know when you get your syllabus for a class and it outlines everything you will accomplish during the term. You’re sitting there, flipping through 12 pages of course content, guidelines, etc., and it just seems like there is so much to do. It’s stressful thinking about how you will manage to complete all of that work! But then, you get into the thick of it, and maybe your brain hyped it up to be worse than it actually is. I am getting a similar feeling as I’ve been planning out this project. While it seems like a lot to accomplish in one term (and hopefully will be able to expand upon the project past this class as well), I know once I break it down into smaller goals, it will be manageable. It is also really exciting to embark on one of the largest scaled projects I have ever completed! I am really looking forward to beginning development on this, and to start to see an actual product come together.

Like I mentioned last week, I am currently preparing for the on-site interview at Meta. Interview prep has been going pretty smoothly, but it can sometime take a backseat to school and work. I have been aiming to spend at least 30 minutes a day reviewing interview prep material, but ideally I would like to hit at least an hour a day. Some days go better than others. I also recently got extended an invitation to do a pre-screening for a SWE position at Google. While it is really exciting to be offered another opportunity to interview, it seems to pile onto my ever-growing workload. Regardless, I am very grateful for all the opportunities I have! So here’s to more interview prep!

Looking forward to sharing more about my web application as I hopefully begin the development phase next week!