So It Begins

After lots of hard work, here I am. Nearly done with my Computer Science degree. The final quarter and about to meet my team and start our project. The anticipation is palpable. There is a lot of excitement around generative artificial intelligence (understandably so). Currently that has been on my mind quite a bit, especially right before I graduate and continue into these unknown waters. Companies are adapting, individuals are adapting, I must adapt. I can’t wait to see what the future holds with all the potential for increased research, productivity, and even creativity.

I might be buying into the “hype” too much, but I do see endless possible use cases as the technology is improved and adopted by society over time. Even in generative AI’s early public versions, it’s exciting to see what it can do. I myself have used it from more entertaining tasks such as 5creating art for a DND campaign, as a sounding board for philosophical and economic discussions, for reviewing my code, cross referencing in research, helping solidify technical knowledge without having to scour every corner of the internet.

Obviously, it isn’t perfect. It sometimes changes data that was inputted, “forgets” input or “hallucinates” and gives false answers. However, even with this its also obvious of its potential as it become closer and closer to overcoming those issues. I’m looking forward to implementing AI in this final Capstone Project in some manner. Soon, we’ll be assigned into groups and hopefully my team is onboard with this. Either way, I’ll be working on AI stuff on the side, because I can’t stop discovering more use cases and potential.

Exciting times.