Overseas Opportunity

Would you take the risk?

I would absolutely love to have an opportunity to work in another country of my choice. There are some challenges that can be faced when living in another country like change in attitudes, beliefs, and law systems. However, I would like to work in Italy if I got the opportunity. According to Hofstede’s cultural dimension, Italy is more of an individualistic county. It is also very success oriented and driven, which describes a more masculine culture. According to the article Hofstede’s Insights, Italy scored high on uncertainty avoidance, which means that it has detailed planning, security in law, and technology (Insights). However, these things are evolving as new ideas and technology gets introduced into the world. Also, the article implies that Italians do not always comply with the norms, which foreigners may find surprising. Italy scored a 61 for long-term orientation, which means they are more adaptable to changes based on current situations, time, and context. I would consider all these factors when moving and do more research on the exact location in Italy. However, I would jump at the opportunity to go! I love an adventure and having a change of scenery and diving into a new culture is very exciting and lucrative for me as a worker. Healthcare in Italy is covered by the state, which is a plus. Also, the food is amazing, and the different styles of fashion. I am not married and do not have kids, so it would be a great time for me to go. Plus, there are many travel transportation options from Italy to all over Europe. I am a very adaptable, adventurous, and driven person, so no matter the barriers I would find a solution and still take the chance! In addition, I think it would give me more benefits as an employee, show that I am willing to expand, grow, and take risks in my field. I hope I get the opportunity one day to experience another culture.

https://www.hofstede-insights.com/country-comparison/italy/#:~:text=At%20a%20score%20of%2076,a%20big%20and%20busy%20crowd.