Jackson Metz’s Portfolio Page

About Me

I am a Senior at Oregon State University and will be graduating in the spring of 2019. I’m from Boise, Idaho and was recently hired to work at Micron Technology following graduation. Below is a link to my portfolio.

Portfolio:  Jackson_Metz_Portfolio

Throughout my time at Oregon State, I’ve had to work on many projects related to cloud and applications software. I’ve also worked on a few projects outside of school. I’ve listed some of the more important projects I’ve been a part of below.

Video Game Cabinet

I helped my dad build a classic video game cabinet that plays thousands of retro games. My dad built the entire machine from scratch, and I was too young to know how to help him construct it. Instead, I helped program the controls for individual games.  I would input commands to the system identifying which device was responsible for what motion/action in each specific game. I also helped configure each device (joy stick, button, track ball, etc) to operate fully in the system. The games are run using MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator). The document below explains how my dad constructed it, as well as how we got the games to work.

Video Game Cabinet Document: arcade cabinet

Pictures:

Customizable Lighting Control System

For Senior Design, my group is creating a light-dimming system that is controllable from a web application. We are in the preliminary stages of designing and developing the system. We will be using an Arduino and a WiFi module to connect to the internet. From there, we will design a web application to include buttons, knobs, and other controls that allow users to manipulate the brightness of the different channels in the system.

Video Games from CS Classes

I’ve created Wheel of Fortune, a Adventure game, a Blackjack Simulator, and multiple other applications in the past for CS classes.