Intro and About Me

Hello, My name is Conor I live in California. I work for the Department of Social Services and have been studying Computer Science the last Three years. I got my start into technology and gaming as a really young child. For Christmas my parents gave me Sonic on the Sega Genesis, and I have been hooked on gaming ever since. My interest inactually utilizing technology was probably when I was in high school. The iPod video just came out, and I was able to put a bootleg version of my favorite movie Super Troopers onto my iPod and showed all my friends. There was a lot of compressing files and converting files from one type to another. Out of all my friends Iwas the only one able to actually get something to play.

Currently I work as an eligibility worker for The Department of Social Services, have been doing that the last 5 years. It’s a job I really love, especially my coworkers. The types of people who do this kind of work are really amazing and helpful and want to do what’s right. They are very easy to work with and a lot of them have become my best friends. Luckily a Software Engineer I position opened up at my same department recently. So a position that directly supports what I do now, I was able to leverage my expeience as an eligibility worker and sell that I would be an expert at that to the new team and I actually just accepted a Software Engineer role starting Nov 1.

I am excited to be able to work and learn how to be a professional Software Engineer in an environment i’m already comfortable in. I wasnt to continue to work here and grow. Ultimately I want to create my own technology or app or company and work for myself

My current interests outside of school are that, for one I am going to see the 1975 tonight, that will be fun. I play guitar, when I graduate that is something I want to dedicate more time to. I play Classic WoW to relive my old highschool games and I like lifting weights riding my bike.

Hope that’s a good introduction to me, more to come.