Hello world! A New Blog on the Block

Welcome to codeDump!

I’m Robert, an amateur programmer and avid tech enthusiast. This blog was motivated by Oregon State University’s CS 467 Capstone class, but will extend far beyond that to include my own thoughts regarding the rest of my time at OSU. Unfortunately for you it will probably include a lot of other unrelated and semi-tangential topics, but that’s why I chose the name for the blog.

code…Dump?

The prefix “code” should hopefully be self-explanatory by now. I plan on writing a lot about technology and computer science, like a LOT. And “Dump” refers to a “core dump, memory dump, crash dump, etc…” whatever you would like to refer to this phenomenon.

Wikipedia describes it thusly,

a core dump…consists of the recorded state of the working memory of a computer program at a specific time, generally when the program has crashed or otherwise terminated abnormally.

In other words, this blog exists to help me think through the trials and tribulations of my everyday life. It’s going to be messy, it’s going to be complicated, and it’s going to be me. And you, my reader, are going to be the rubber ducky.

That’s one small step,

Robert Behring