About Me

Hi, I’m Caelan, a Junior just starting their senior project at Oregon State University (don’t ask me how that works, it’s some kind of paperwork thing requiring that I take it during a certain three terms). I’ve been programming since I was 12, and I have learned over the years that I know 0% (rounded) about computer science, and will never exceed the 0% rounded value even if I study assiduously for the rest of my life (which I likely will).

Of the subjects and subfields of programming with which I’ve had the opportunity to meddle, I particularly enjoy game development, UI/UX design, and most low-level endeavors. The desire to write lightweight and clean solutions is strong with me, so I’m drawn to systems languages like Rust. I also love free open source software. (What computer scientist doesn’t love FOSS?)

In my spare time I love playing video games (and tabletop games) with friends, watching comedies, and occasionally building plastic/wood models. Once in a blue moon I pretend that I can play the piano.