From Defeat to Leet

Credit to Goran Ivos from Unsplash

Welcome to Leet Thoughts, a blog about my inner thought processes when revisiting LeetCode problems previously solved or unsolved. The purpose of this blog is to chronicle my failures and successes solving these problems in the hopes that others can find it relatable, knowledgeable, or inspirational.

One year prior to the start of this blog, I had gone through the internship recruiting cycle for Software Engineer internship positions. One aspect of applying and landing these internships involve solving what I like to refer to as “coding brainteasers” that test your ability to solve problems while utilizing data structures and algorithms. For those unaware, the most popular site to practice these problems is LeetCode. Throughout this blog I will reference these brainteasers generally as LeetCode (LC) problems for simplicity’s sake.

After the recruiting cycle I managed to land two internships for 2022, one in the Winter and one in the Summer. A year has now gone by without practicing these problems and much has been forgotten. Revisiting these problems will be helpful since it is likely I will be asked them continuously throughout my Software Engineering career during technical interviews. Chronicling this process will be helpful in documenting strategies to tackle these problems so they are not forgotten.

Come join me on this journey to go from defeat to “Leet.”