Winter Time and Fine-Tuning ML Agents

Howdy! I hope everyone is enjoying their march into winter as much as I am. Living in Michigan on the western edge of my time zone, it has started to get pretty dark, pretty early, but we finally started seeing some snow recently. I also be came an uncle! While my family and I have to be a little cautious and hands off with my sister’s new kid, it feels great to have such a big source of happiness come about in an otherwise sort of tough year.

On the project side of things, my capstone group has moved on to fine-tuning and perfecting our ML agent. Essentially, we’re just tweaking its observations bit by bit so we can get it to learn more effectively. It actually catches on quite quickly in some of our tests, though it has retained this hilarious jitter behavior throughout development. I think it’s primarily due to the limited (2) inputs that it has available, as shoots rapidly left and right, being 2 of the 3 things that its able to do. It also seems to like the left side of the screen quite a bit more than the right side, though we haven’t been able to sort out any kind of reason for that bias. All together, it’s coming along swimmingly, and I am ever grateful to my excellent group mates that have contributed their best efforts to our project.