First post!

To anyone reading this, hello! My name is Nick Charney, and this is my blog dedicated to cataloguing my journey through my CS467 capstone course.

First though, I’d like to introduce myself! I live in Ypsilanti, Michigan with my dog Bo, and I currently work in desktop support at the University of Michigan. I originally graduated from UM with a degree in biology but, after 2 years as a lab manager in a liver disease medical lab, I decided to pivot and shoot for new career opportunities. That led me here to OSU a little over 2 years ago! I ended up needing to take a break from the program through 2020 due to how hectic the pandemic made my life then, but I’m excited to jump back in and finish strong!

I’ve held a passion for video games since I picked up my first Gameboy Color in 1998, and I’d love to get into game development as a hobby. With that said, I filled out the project selection survey pretty heavily leaning towards projects that involve some form of gaming component. To my future partners, I hope we have a great time struggling and learning our way through this term!