Blog Post: The Sequel

In today’s post, I’ll be focusing on the following topic in regards to my capstone project:

What is your favorite technology from your project and why? What is it used for? How could it be made better?

I am working on a web application for an e-commerce website that allows end-users to customize and check the compatibility of the products they may be interested in purchasing. I won’t get into the specifics of this project because I signed an NDA.

My favorite technology used in my project is JavaScript. This is my favorite technology not because I am familiar with it but because I want to become more skilled using it and am impressed by its capabilities. Our project utilizes several JavaScript libraries (including React); working with these libraries is inspiring because it has highlighted to me how efficient they can be. It is useful to know how to build things using basic JavaScript, but it is also useful to know how to use the tools that others have built.

JavaScript is used for front-end elements of this application. It could be made better by identifying more appropriate libraries to use. The current state of the project is not as polished as it could be.

I am optimistic about our project and am excited to continue learning and implementing solutions for this real-world application.